Georgetown University Registrar | Online Course and Faculty Evaluations
and Faculty Evaluations
Request for Evaluation Form
The Office of the University Registrar has made available to Faculty the option to use CourseEval3, a web-based evaluation system, to administer their course and faculty evaluations. Here is some information about the new system:
Timeline of Implementation:
- The new system is opt-in for Spring 2011, so a faculty member must specifically request for their evaluaitons to be online, meaning all others will be evaluated via paper.
- Starting in Fall 2011, evaluations will be online by default, and any faculty member who wishes to use paper forms must specifically request them.
- All evaluations will be administered online.
- When a student's course is to be evaluated online, he or she will be notified via email when the evaluation is available to be completed.
- The email will contain a link to the CourseEval3 site, and students can log in using their NetID and password. The evaluations which students need to fill out will be on the front page, and they just click on the link to open the evaluation form.
- The evaluation form has all of the same questions as the paper forms, with the added feature that faculty members can choose from a bank of optional questions to include on the evaluation.
- Students will continue to receive reminder emails about outstanding evaluations until the evaluations are completed. When a student has completed all of their evaluations, they will stop receiving the emails.
- Online evaluations are made available about a week before the end of classes, and stay open through study days.
- After the evaluations are closed online, it is no longer possible for students to complete them.
Faculty | Student | FAQ